With the onset of monsoon in the country, the risk of damaging your smartphone in rains increases significantly. Also, if you happen to accidentally drop your smartphone in water, it is best advisable to follow some dos and don’ts to recover your smartphone without damaging your smartphone further. Note that splash proof coatings doesn’t safeguard the phone from water. So, if you happen to get your phone wet either in rains or drop it in water accidentally, here are the 10 things you should never do.
Do not try to dry your wet phone by using a hot air hair dryer
Using a hot air hair dryer might cause the internal circuit to melt or malfunction under extreme heat.
Never connect your wet smartphone to wall socket to charge the battery
Never connect headphones to the 3.5mm jack and there is a risk of electrocution
Do not open the SIM card tray to take out the SIM card as this might cause water to get inside
Do not use a wet smartphone. Switch it off immediately
Do not shake the phone unnecessarily to remove water. This might cause water to further get inside the circuit
Do not attempt to disassemble the phone or take out the battery
If you visit the service centre to get the phone repaired inform the technician about possible water damage before hand. Do not lie as the technician can cause more damage unknowingly
Do not push any keys like volume or power/wake button unnecessarily to prevent more water from getting inside