In India, Driving License is more important for any individual for not only driving vehicles on the road legally but also acts as an identity proof. If your driving license is lost damaged or stolen then you can apply for duplicate driving license by asking to RTO that issued your license. Sometimes online facility also offered by few RTO’s to file or apply for duplicate driving license.
We all know the troubles we faced to get the permanent driving license. It is vital to be more careful in keeping all the documents safe. But, no matter sometimes they are misplaced or lost. If we lose our original driving license or stolen by somebody, then we can apply for the duplicate copy by contacting the same RTO that issued your DL. You can either directly visit the RTO or apply for duplicate driving license without any hassles. Below we have briefly explained more about applying for duplicate driving license in india.
But you don’t have to worry about it as this guide to getting a duplicate driving license can put an end to all your worries.
What is Duplicate Driving License?
A duplicate driving license is a copy of existing driving licence that is issued to a person in case his driving license is stolen, lost, destroyed. RTO offices all across India are given the authority to issue a duplicate driving license to an individual whose original license is torn, misplaced or stolen.
A duplicate driving license can be issued from the same RTO that issued the original license. In Kerala, you can get a duplicate driving license offline and online too.
Documents Necessary to Apply for Duplicate Driving Licence:
- Following are the documents necessary if you wish to apply for duplicate driving licence incase your original DL is lost or stolen; This list of documents may or may not vary for each state.
- Application Form LLD (for intimation of loss or destruction of driving licence and application for duplicate)
- Original Licence (if he same is in a torn, mutilated or soiled state).
- Attested photocopies of the original driver licence (in case the same is lost).
- A First Instance Report (FIR) or NCR of the licence, in case it is lost or stolen.
- Passport sized photographs
- Details of the Driving Licence
- Age proof documents for reference
- Address Proof documents for reference
Age proof (Any one):
- Birth certificate
- Pan card
- SSC certificate
- School transfer certificate with the date of birth printed on it
Address proof (Any one):
- Permanent address proof:
- House agreement
- LIC policy bond
- Voters ID card
- Ration card
- Electricity bill issued in applicant name
- Aadhar Card
- Temporary address proof (Registered Rental agreement and LPG bill/electricity bill)
How to Apply for a Duplicate Driving License in India?
If you are looking to apply for a duplicate driving license in India, then here is how you can get a DL online or offline.
How to Apply for Duplicate Driving License Online?
In some of the states, RTO’s offer online facility to apply for duplicate driving license. Before applying you need to ensure that whether the particular State Transport Department is offering the online facility or not by visting their official website…..Read More>>>