The NPS or National Pension System is a pension-cum-investment scheme launched by the government to provide old-age security to subscribers. The scheme provides an attractive long-term savings avenue to effectively plan retirement through safe and regulated market-based returns.
PFRDA has introduced a facility, which makes it easier for opening National Pension System (NPS) account using online Aadhaar e-KYC. NSDL–CRA, on its e-NPS platform, has enabled the Aadhaar based online e-KYC authentication functionality for subscriber registration.
Worth mentioning here is that e-NPS is the online NPS on-boarding platform from Central Record Keeping Agencies (CRA) appointed by PFRDA wherein one can register and contribute online into NPS. Existing subscriber can activate their Tier II account as well using this platform. Until now, registration under e-NPS was possible either through Aadhaar offline e-KYC or through PAN & bank account of an individual.
But the new Aadhaar based online e-KYC authentication functionality simplifies the account opening process and offers the subscriber a digital experience with an instantaneous generation of Permanent Retirement Account Number (PRAN).
Here is a step-by-step guide on how to use the Aadhaar based eKYC facility to open NPS account online.
Requirements for NPS registration through Aadhaar
1. Aadhaar Number or 16-digit Virtual Identification (VID) Number provided by UIDAI
2. Active mobile number linked to Aadhaar
1. Visit eNPS portal(https://enps.nsdl.com/eNPS/NationalPensionSyste
2. Click on “National Pension System” and subsequently click on “Registration” option.
3. Under “New Registration” select Account type – “Individual Subscriber” or “Corporate Subscriber” category. Further, applicant status is to be selected from three options – “Citizen of India” or “Non Resident of India (NRI)” or “Overseas Citizen of India (OCI)”.
4. Now select “Aadhaar Online/Offline KYC” option under “Register With” and then select “Tier I only” under ‘Tier types’ option for account opening.
5. To continue with “Aadhaar online” process, Subscribers are required to select and provide “Aadhaar” (12 digit) or “Virtual ID” (16 digit) number provided by UIDAI and then click “Generate OTP”.
6. Now submit the OTP received on your mobile number registered in Aadhaar to go ahead with the process.
7. Upon successful authentication, your demographic details such as Name, Gender, Date of Birth, Address, Photograph will be fetched from Aadhaar records.
8. Now you need to fill up other mandatory details to be completed the NPS registration process.
9. You will be required to make your first NPS contribution and authenticate using OTP received on registered Mobile number and email ID or eSign to complete digital registration process.
Source By : timesnownewsShare: