WhatsApp’s call waiting support that was earlier exclusive for iPhone users is now available for both Android and iOS devices. The feature brings the ability to receive an incoming voice or video call while you are already on another WhatsApp call. It operates in an exactly same way as the call-waiting feature of a smartphone works.
Prior to the update, WhatsApp users were not given any option to accept the incoming calls or attempt to make a call while someone is on a call, they would simply know that the user is busy. But now, this has changed, you can not only accept incoming WhatsApp calls but also calls you are receiving through a landline or mobile phone outside of the app. Here’s how to use the latest feature.
You can select from the following two options:
- End and Accept: End the WhatsApp call you are currently on and accept the incoming call.
- Decline: Decline the incoming WhatsApp call and remain on the ongoing call.
If someone attempts to call you through a landline or mobile phone outside of WhatsApp while you are already on WhatsApp voice or video call, you will have three options to choose from:
- End and Accept: End the WhatsApp call you’re currently on and receive the incoming call.
- Hold and Accept: Put the current call on hold and receive the incoming call.
- Decline: Drop the incoming call and remain on the ongoing WhatsApp call.