Apple at its mega event on Tuesday did not just unveil the regular iPhone 12, the Pro and the Pro Max but also a smaller device called iPhone 12 mini, which the company claims is the “lightest, smallest and thinnest 5G phone in the world”.
What makes the iPhone 12 mini so special is that it is the cheapest (Rs. 69,900 – okay not-so-cheap) iPhone 12 series device with 5G connectivity. It shares most of its specifications and features with its much expensive and bigger siblings.
The handset arrives in five aluminium finishes, including blue, green, black, white, and PRODUCT red. It will be available for pre-order starting November 6 and will go on sale starting November 13, 2020, in India.
Top 5 features of iPhone 12 mini
- Design: iPhone 12 mini is a compact phone featuring a sleek new flat-edge design with an aerospace-grade aluminium enclosure and Ceramic Shield front cover. It is IP68 water-resistant rated, which means it can withstand up to 6 meters of water for up to 30 minutes.
- Display: It graces a 5.4‑inch all‑screen OLED Super Retina XDR display with a 2340×1080-pixel resolution at 476 PPI.
- Processor: Like the iPhone 12 Pro Max, iPhone 12 Pro and iPhone 12, the iPhone 12 mini draws power from Apple’s A14 Bionic chipset. It is touted to be the first chip in the smartphone industry built on a 5-nanometer process.
- Cameras: The phone also gets the same cameras as found in iPhone 12. It sports dual 12-megapixel camera system featuring an ultra-wide-angle lens and wide sensor. There is 2x optical zoom out, Digital zoom up to 5x, Portrait mode with advanced bokeh and Depth Control, Portrait Lighting with six effects (Natural, Studio, Contour, Stage, Stage Mono, High‑Key Mono) as well as Night Mode.
- MagSafe: The iPhone 12 mini also gets the new MagSage magnet system. It supports wireless charging up to 15W10 and leather wallets that can snap onto the rear panel of the device.