New Delhi: In the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic, the government has extended the due date of filing all income-tax return for FY 2019-20 to 30th November, 2020. Tax payers will be filing the Income Tax Return (ITR) for the FY 2019-20 (AY 2020-21).
However, if all your documents are ready, there is no reason why you should delay the filing of the ITR. If you haven’t filed your income-tax return till now, fill it online.
To file your I-T return online you need to follow the steps mentioned below:
- Go to the I-T Department’s website, www.incometaxindiaefilling.gov.in, and register yourself with your Permanent Account Number (PAN).
- Your PAN will also be your user ID.
- After you have successfully registered, find the download menu option.
- Now click on e-filling AY 2020-21 and download the ITR-1’s (Sahaj) return preparation software.
- Be mindful, ITR-1’s Sahaj return are for the salaried person, own property, earn interest income or are a pensioner.
- Now using detail given in your Form 16, fill them out in the Return Preparation Software you downloaded.
- Now you can calculate your tax payable by using the “Calculate Tax” tab.
- Pay your tax and enter the challan details in the tax return.
- Click on the validate icon to confirm your details entered. Now create an XML file, which gets automatically saved on your computer.
- Select the “Submit Return” tab and upload the XML file after selecting the “AY 2020-2021” and the relevant form.
- If you have a “digital signature” (DS) now is the time to use it.
- You will be asked if you wish to verify or sign the file. Select either ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.
- A message will come stating that the process has been completed and that you have successfully filed your income tax return…Read more>>