WhatsApp earlier this year introduced new security feature to safeguard your chats. It allows you to protect your WhatsApp chats from prying eyes with FaceID and passcode. The feature, however, is only only available to iPhone users so far. While an Android version of the same is in works, there’s another simple trick for both Android and iPhone users that can be used to hide their chats. Called Archive Chat, the feature allows you to hide a conversation from your Chats screen and access it later. You can archive both group as well as individual chats. Also remember that ‘Archive Chat’ does not delete the chat or back it up on your SD card.
Wondering how to use this feature? Here’s a step-by-step guide:
How to archive chats on Android
1. Open WhatsApp
2. In the Chat screen, tap and hold the chat you wish to hide
3. On the top bar, select the Archive icon
This will archive your chat and you will no longer see it on your Chat screen.
You can find all Archived Chats at the bottom of the Chat screen on Android smartphones.
How to archive chats on iPhones
1. Open WhatsApp
2. In the Chats screen, slide your finger across the chat you wish to archive, from right to left
3. Tap Archive
To see Archived Chats on iPhones, scroll to the top and then pull down.
If you later change your mind about hiding these chats, you can also unarchive these chats.
How to unarchive chats on Android
1. Scroll to the bottom of the Chats screen
2. Tap Archived chats
3. Tap and hold the chat that you wish to unarchive
4. On the top bar, select the Unarchive icon
How to unarchive chats on iPhone
1. In the Archived Chats screen, slide your finger across the chat, from right to left
2. Tap Unarchive